Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Counting My Fortune

At times when I find myself navel-gazing too much, It helps to take stock of the many fortunes I have in my life. This is a short post to delineate a sample of them.

First, the love of my life, my lady. She is my world. There are two times in my life: when I'm with her, and when I'm longing to be with her. 

Second, my body. I'm healthy and I am endowed with an good brain and a body in which all parts continue to function nominally without medication.  I am grateful for the luck of the genetic roll of the dice that has thus far not landed on craps.

Third, my loved ones. I still have my mom, and I have wonderful, amazing children.

Fourth, my friends. I don't have a lot of them, but those that I have are deeply regarded and I cherish them.

Fifth, my wealth. I'm not rich, but I am in position to bring a good amount of financial resources into the relationship with my lady, so that when the day comes, we can retire comfortably.

Sixth, the reasonable intelligent, caring majority of people. The news can be horrid and depressing. But in the long arc of history we have a lot of progress to acknowledge, and also the huge amount of opportunity to be better, in countless ways. Intelligent, caring people are the key to continued progress.

Seventh, Joe Biden. Because normal decency and boring politics are seriously underrated.

There's a lot more.  But this is a sex blog, and there's no sex in this one, so you probably already lost interest.

Thanks for reading (if you made it this far).

Jen

2 comments:

  1. I made it to the end, and it was beautifully written. You have only been gone for five minutes, and I longing for you already. I can't wait until we can be together, all of the time. I love you, more than I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my love. I count the minutes...

    ReplyDelete